My family

My family

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Loves of my life

For our family pictures this year, we trekked over to the Elm Creek Park Reserve.  Even though it's only ten minutes from the house, the Reserve makes it's own snow for skiing, snowshoeing, etc.  No such luck on this day.  Since there was no snow, we took our pictures at the park.  The bumblebee reminded me of Charlene.  Here they are.....the loves of my life.....matching parkas and all.  It was so cold that day!


The bond Garrett and Jim have is out of this world.  They have the same twisted sense of humor.  Two peas in a pod.  Which means I get 100% access to Delanie.  Girls vs. Guys.  I love it!  Delanie and I chill out upstairs reading books and watching HGTV while the boys play video games and watch hockey.  Now, that's my kind of Heaven!


Delanie chose the lady bug for her pictures.  I remember when she was five or six years old, she was obsessed with lady bugs.  I went to the landscaping store and bought a bucket of 500 ladybugs.  They were stored in the refrigerator to keep the ladybugs "asleep".  By the time she opened them, the lady bugs were awake and ready to explore.  I'll never forget the sight of her scattering the lady bugs all over our garden and watching them crawl around on her.  This little girl is one of a kind!


Sometimes it's hard to believe someone could be capable of the love I have for these three.  I mean, really, how can a heart hold that much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment