My family

My family

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Adults only

Jim and I drove about three hours north for our first ever vacation with just the two of us.  Every time we have traveled together in the past, it's been to visit family or taking the kiddos somewhere.  Don't get me wrong, those trips are so much fun but it was nice to get away and just be alone! :)

We stayed at a resort "up north" called Breezy Point.  Our condo was at the corner of Breezy Bay and Pelican Lake.  The views were amazing.....there was water everywhere you looked!

 
 
What made the trip so much sweeter was the fact that Jim didn't take his laptop.  This was another first.  He's usually checking emails or tending to business matters non-stop.  Not this weekend!  I had him all to myself!! :)
 
 
 
One of my favorite parts of the trip was paddle-boarding.  I was so nervous to try this but knew I would regret it if I didn't.  So here's the story:  I am TERRIFIED of lake water.  Actually, I'm afraid of any water I can't see under.  (You never know when something is going to get you!)  The odds of me taking a dip in the water were pretty high since this was my first time on the board.  This picture was my trek back to the shore.  Notice that I am completely dry.......no lake water for me!! :)

 
After the paddle-board adventure, we decided to rent jet skis.  This was serious fun!  I never worry about falling off when Jim has the wheel so it was nice to just sit back and enjoy the ride. 

 
Since we went mid-week, we pretty much had the resort to ourselves for the first few days.  There was a fire pit on the beach and each night Jim would build a fire so we could watch the sun set.  It was so romantic!  Let me tell you, that guy can build one heck of a fire......Texas-sized!  Jim is all about making anything he touches bigger and better.  Wait.....that didn't sound right.  (Yikes!)  One night we had a few visitors that wanted to make s'mores.  The mom was so sweet that she shared with Jim and I.  This was another first for me - I have never tried a s'more - but now I'm hooked!


 
The resort was so beautiful.  There was so much wildlife - geese, pelicans, woodpeckers, etc.  The landscaping was to-die-for!

 
We rented a pontoon for two days to go fishing.  We caught several fish but released them all.  As you can see, they were small enough to be used as bait. :)  It was overcast the first day of our boat ride so it got pretty chilly.  The second day was absolutely perfect......sunny and warm.  Jim now has boat-fever.  He's been researching jet-skis and boats since we got home. 



 
What a wonderful vacation!  Life can get so busy that it's nice to stop, look around and reconnect.  I can't wait to see where the next trip takes us!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment