My family

My family

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paddle boarding with Bea

 
The funnest thing we did during Charlene's visit (by far!) was paddle boarding. I fell in love with it during this trip last Summer. I have talked about it so much to Bea, she decided to try it too. :)
 
 
We packed up the crew - Delanie, Charlene, me and Delanie's friend Sarah - loaded our coolers and headed to Libbs Lake in Minnetonka for the day. We found a place that would deliver the boards to us so we were all set. 
 
 
I was so incredibly proud of Charlene. She hopped onto that board like she had been doing it all her life. It took her about thirty seconds to get comfortable and she was unstoppable from there. :)
 
 
 
The video below was filmed as she was first setting out onto the lake.  I was so incredibly proud of her that I cried like a baby the entire time I was filming.  :) 
 
 
Delanie & Sarah spent the entire afternoon on the boards!
 
 
I was so impressed with Libbs Lake. It was a super windy day so we were a little concerned about staying up.  Libbs Lake was the perfect spot for us.  It opens up to Lake Minnetonka (the biggest lake in the Twin Cities) but is protected from the elements. 
 



After a few hours on the boards, Bea and I kicked back on the beach to relax.  All in all.....it was the PERFECT day!! :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment