My family

My family

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Southern Girl Up North - part two

Did I mention how busy things have been at our house lately?  Since I decided to create my Etsy shop, I've been a non-stop sign-making momma!!  After physically cutting wood and nailing it together, I knew there had to be a more efficient way of doing things.  Besides, that wood gets a little pricey!!
 
Finally......I had an "a-ha" moment.  PAINT STIR STICKS!  So....I trucked my little not-so-little hiney back up to Home Depot and asked for a case of the one-gallon sticks and a case of the five-gallon sticks.  Seriously, they looked at me like I had three heads.  When I got to the check-out line, they couldn't figure out how to charge me for them so the manager said, "Merry Christmas!"  Yep....I got 1000 one-gallon stir sticks PLUS 500 five-gallon stir sticks FREE.  Merry Christmas indeed! :)

 
After experimenting with sizes and shapes, I decided on 8"x9" using the one-gallon sized sticks.....

 
And 9"x17" using the five-gallon sized sticks.....
 

So now I had several sizes......


And a ton of inventory......


In fact, my craft room turned into an assembly line.....

 
As Jim sat in the next room playing video games online with Garrett, I put my headphones on and got busy!!  There may have been a few embarrassing moments where I started singing out loud.....and maybe dancing too.....in my pajamas. 



Now it was time to upload the remaining inventory to the Etsy shop.  Have you checked it out yet??? 



No comments:

Post a Comment