My family

My family

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Life lately

We have been back from Italy for almost two months and life has been C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

Here's life lately around our house......

About a week after we got home, we had to made an Emergency Room run for Jim.  His kidney stones were back!  Poor guy.....he is incredibly tough and these things just bring him to his knees.  



The doctors did x-rays and decided to send him home with the hopes that the stone would pass quickly.

The last time he had kidney stones - about 3 years ago - it only took 4 days to get rid of it.  He wasn't so lucky this time.  

A trip to the Urologist confirmed that the stone was about 90% through.  I've never seen him so miserable. 


After dealing this this thing for THREE WEEKS, the Urologist wants to go in and retrieve the stone.  We are praying for healing.

My sweet husband in his surgery get up.  Three weeks is way too long to wait for relief.  


Surgery seemed to go well.  The doctor said Jim would be uncomfortable for the next few days because they had to put a stent into the ureter.  Uncomfortable was an understatement!!  I've never seen Jim in this kind of pain.  

The doctors admitted him to the hospital hoping to get his pain under control.  He was there the rest of the week.  


Still in terrible pain at the end of the week, the Urologist opted for a 2nd surgery.  The plan was to use sound waves to break the stone up then remove the stent.  

Here he is after that 2nd surgery.  Still in pain but hoping he was turning the corner.  


After a pretty good weekend (keep in mind this is almost 4 weeks since the beginning of his ordeal), Monday landed us back into the ER with what seemed to be a kidney infection.  Jim cannot catch a break!  

He left the ER still feeling crappy.  Thankfully, Jim started feeling better over the next few days.  

Finally!

A few days later, we switched places.  I had surgery on the bunion on my right foot.  


I've had these crazy things forever but they never seemed to bother me.....probably because you can wear sandals year-round in Texas.  Then we moved to Minnesota and sandals were no longer an option for most of the year.  We finally decided to get them taken care of.  


Surgery went fantastic!  I left the hospital in less than pain that anticipated.



Look who's feeling better...... :)


No weight on the foot until we go for my first post-op appointment.  


Got the green light to unwrap this sucker and use the boot.


On day 11, I returned to work for half days.  


Evidently that was way too quick.  My foot swelled so much that my incision split.  Back home and into bed to elevate this sucker.

As I type this, I've been cleared to go back (tomorrow is day 18) for a week of half-days.  

I'm so dang sick of being in bed.  Trying to get this sucker healed so I can take care of the left foot before year end.  

Well folks.....that's life lately at our house.  It's been a thrill a minute.  

Hoping to use some of this down time to blog about that incredible trip to Italy!  Soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment