My family

My family

Monday, July 2, 2012

Excuse me!



This is something you're definitely not going to see in Texas.  While running my errands this weekend, I had to make a hasty stop in the middle of the road to allow the crossing of a gaggle of geese.  Yep, you read that right.......a gaggle of geese.  An extremely NOISY gaggle of geese that thought nothing of walking out into the thoroughfare - causing several cars to stop and wait - while they crossed the road. 


Evidently I didn't stop fast enough because the leader of the pack.....the Daddy Goose....turned and looked at me like "Excuse me, I have the right of way here, you idiot!"  Oh my goodness, I was laughing so hard it took several attempts for me to focus the camera for these pictures.  After I got the go ahead from Daddy Goose, I laughed all the way down the road. 



These guys mean business!  What's really funny is that the bikers, drivers and pretty much anyone else that has to yield to the geese think nothing of it.  It happens all the time!  You talk about noisy....these suckers can honk with the best of them.  You can hear them chatting with each other a block away!  I'm going to remind Jim how lucky he is the next time he rolls his eyes the second I start babbling about something. 

 
We're not in Texas anymore! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment