My family

My family

Monday, September 10, 2012

Lake Calhoun


It was the perfect weekend to ride bikes around Lake Calhoun......a breezy 70 degrees and full-out sunshine!  Located in Minneapolis, Lake Calhoun is a gathering place for some of the more interesting people in Minnesota making it the perfect place to people watch. 

This sign is a perfect example of the Calhoun atmosphere.  Delanie almost choked when she saw it! 




The three mile trek around the lake is so beautiful.  You see everything... people painting landscapes, sunbathers, family picnics and beach volleyball.





There a great concession stand on the lake that offers fresh fish, smoothies and all types of yummy snacks.  It made for the perfect pit stop. 




I think my favorite part of the lake is Wheel Fun Rentals.  They rent bikes, canoes, paddleboards, paddleboats...... you name it.  I think we will try out the canoes next time! 



My handsome husband on the way home.....


This is what Delanie thinks of my handsome husband........her head is shaking as she laughs at his antics.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment