My family

My family

Friday, November 22, 2013

Finding the time

Is it just me or does everyone need a little more time in their day?? 

With work, family, holidays and everything else that seems to pop up, I have the hardest time finding time to scrapbook.  It's funny that the thing you most look forward to - and the most rewarding - always seems to get pushed to the back burner.

When Jim and I decided to finish the basement before the big move, my biggest request was a designated scrapbook/craft room.  Lo and behold....... this is hands down my favorite place in the entire world!  The perfect no-men-allowed-area that Delanie and I can spend tons of quality time.  :)


While doing chores yesterday, I found myself downstairs yearning to sit down and create.  Inspiration was everywhere......


 
 
Delanie's storage/display area....


Evidence of hours and hours and hours of work......

 

 
Even with this special space, Delanie and I often end up at the dining room table working on our books.  I'm too afraid to miss out on something I guess! :)


Charlene and I used to be so good about carving out an hour or two every Sunday evening to Skype while we worked on our scrapbooks.  Somehow we've gotten out of the habit lately.  New Year's Resolution (too early??): FIND THE TIME!!!

The first thing on the agenda is Garrett's senior year.  Thanks to the new Project Life system - thank you Becky Higgins!!- I'm hoping this one won't take forever.  No worries.....it's definitely a labor of love!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment