My family

My family

Monday, December 16, 2013

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house!  I absolutely love this time of year.  Snow on the ground, a fire in the hearth, deer visiting each night at the feeder........simply magical! :)
 
The house is decorated with a strict snowman theme. "Frosty the Snowman" - as sad as it is! - has been my favorite Christmas movie since I was a kid. Snowmen remind me to live in the movement.  Definitely easier said than done!
 
 
Each year, we get a new family ornament.  We started the tradition with Jimbo joined the family (way back when).  The ornament has each of our names plus the year on it.  It's fun to look back at years past and remember where we were and how far we've come.  This year Delanie chose the sled ornament.  Cute, right? :)
 
 
While Delanie and I were finishing up our Christmas shopping this week, we found these ADORABLE "build your own" snowman ornaments at the mall.  We knew right away that each of us had to have one designed to fit our personalities.
 
Jim..........the perfect man.  

 
Garrett.......the family jokester.

 
Delanie.........the happy hipster.

 
And me.........the cupcake lover. 

 
Jim and I picked up the last addition when we vacationed at Breezy Point this year. A Minnesota orb hand-painted with a moose.  Don't remember that???  Check out the post here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment