My family

My family

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas!

With the kiddos in Texas for Christmas, Jim and I had the house to ourselves.  While I miss Garrett and Delanie like mad......it was nice to have a quiet, stress-free, get-out-of-bed-whenever-you-want kind of Christmas. 

(That sounds like I was glad they weren't here......which could not be farther from the truth!)

We spent Christmas Eve shopping for each other.  Jim is incredibly hard to shop for (he returns everything!) so we decided early in our marriage than any Christmas shopping for each other would be done together.  It's so much more fun that way.......we get to spend the entire day together and Jim gets exactly what he wants.  Bonus! :)

I snuck this photo during our looooong visit to the men's shoes section in Macy's.  Let me tell you.....my husband has almost as many pairs of shoes as me!


When we got home, I had a special delivery on Christmas Eve waiting on the porch from Denise.  My first anything from Tiffanys!  It was quite a surprise and could not be more beautiful. 

 
This was definitely the year for jewelry.  FYI:  Jewelry is always the perfect gift for a women.  Jim does one better by making sure each piece has a special meaning.  He picked up the beautiful cross ring below because it has been such a difficult year for our family.  He said, "I knew you could use a little divine intervention."  Dang.....that man is good!!
 
 
Jim lost his dad - George - during the holidays a while back.  Since then, he has worn his dad's wedding band on a necklace.  It reminded him that the perfect marriage was possible and not to give up until he found someone like his father had.  About halfway into our courtship, Jim gave me that wedding band to wear as a symbol of his intentions.  I have always treasured that gift and proudly wore it every day. 
 

The ring below was a Christmas present intended to replace George's wedding band. Jim said, "You've always worn a symbol of my dad's love for my mom. I wanted you to have something that symbolized my love for you." Oh my gosh.......I wept! The meaning behind this gesture makes this my favorite Christmas present ever. I will never take it off. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment