My family

My family

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Color Run 2014

I ran my first 5k yesterday!! :) 

Did you read this post where I talked about letting go?  Well.......I pushed through and now I have something to check off my bucket list. 

Back when I wrote that post, I was super frustrated that my 5k training was going so poorly.  My shin splints hurt......my feet hurt.......the intervals were kicking my ass.......yadda yadda yadda.  At that time, I decided to switch from the "learning to run" team to the "power walkers".  That was great for a few weeks.  My foot actually started feeling better so I started running again.  This time, though, I decided not to pressure myself.  If I could run, I ran.  If not, I walked. 

Fast forward a few months......

 
Remember that Color Run 5k that I signed up for?  
 
I ran it!!! 
 
Jim has been so supportive throughout this process. He never complained about leaving at zero-dark-thirty yesterday to get downtown in time for check-in. He happily toted the camera around the 5k course to get pictures. I could not have done this without his help. 
 
 
I'm so glad I signed up for the Color Run as my first race.  It was a total blast!  They had color stations set up every kilometer.  As you ran through the station, volunteers would spray you with a colored powder.  The idea was to stain the white race t-shirt.  I definitely got some color! :)


I cannot describe the feeling of crossing the finish line.   I started weeping! 
 
 
 
Speaking of color.......my sweet husband didn't mind it one bit!  He grabbed me and gave me a huge hug.  His favorite Dallas Cowboys t-shirt will never be the same.  :)
 
 
My running mates below...... Mary, Lori, Karey & Dylan. 
 
 
After we got home from the race, I spent a lot of time in bed! :)  My shins didn't hurt but it was super difficult to put weight on my right foot.  Trust me......it was definitely worth it!  What an awesome feeling of accomplishment. 
 
 
As my sweet niece, Lauren, puts it........"I'm a beast!"  Hahaha..... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment