My family

My family

Friday, November 21, 2014

Flashback Friday

Happy Friday.......and Happy Anniversary to the Fischers!! :)
 
  
I remember this day like it was yesterday. Denise meticulously planned each and every detail of the perfect wedding. Delanie, Bea and I were honored to stand at the altar with her. 


Speaking of the altar, the funniest thing happened up there. Ken walked Denise down the aisle and stopped at the base of the stairs where she met Michael. As Denise and Michael started up the stairs to meet the minister, Denise walked right out of one of her shoes!! Because her dress was so elaborate, we had two choices: 1) dig under her petticoats to put her shoe back on in front of a packed church, or 2) pretend it never happened. We chose the second option. I snatched up the shoe and held it during the entire ceremony (along with my bouquet of flowers AND her bouquet of flowers!!). I was so proud of Denise......unless someone saw me carrying that shoe, you would have never known anything was wrong. :)

 
One of the wedding day details included dance lessons for Denise and Michael.  Their first dance as a married couple was so incredibly sweet!!


 

Speaking of dancing, there was no shortage of that during the reception!!! 

 
 
 
 
I absolutely LOVE the picture below.  Garrett's goofy grin and Delanie's wide-open smile make me one happy momma! :)
 
 
Wishing Denise and Michael best wishes as they celebrate such a happy day.
 
 
 
Dallas, TX - 2009

1 comment: