My family

My family

Monday, November 10, 2014

The wine rack from hell.....

Remember this home improvement post from last month?  The only thing left on my "to do" list as far as decorating the main floor was this big beautiful blue baby I bought at the Junk Bonanza in 2013.  It looks like a shelf used in an old-timey hardware store.  If you look really close, you can see writing that shows the sizes for screws, nails, etc.  I fell in love as soon as I saw it. 
 
The first thing I thought of was a wine rack.  Well......it's been standing in my dining room for over a year completely neglected.  Side note:  If you know my sweet sexy husband, you know he cannot stand unfinished projects in plain sight.  Almost as much as he can't stand anything that looks old or unfinished.  This has been a tough year for him but he has bitten his tongue - ok, not really but let's go with that - and waited patiently for me to figure out what the heck to do with it.

 
Jim finally had enough of the entire situation last week and offered to chop it up into firewood for me.  See what I mean about biting his tongue?!  It was officially time to deal with the big beautiful blue elephant in the room.  So......he went to Home Depot, got a drill extension and got to work.  We now have a wine rack!!

 
Another side note:  As Jim was drilling the holes for the wine bottles, the drill spun out and just about broke his wrist.  The fact that he was finishing one of my unfinished projects made me feel so guilty.  Thankfully the x-rays showed no broken bones but he has to wear a splint.  :(


Unfortunately my husband does not share my love for this beauty.  I mentioned that I should probably put a coat of polyurethane on it to seal the chippy paint.  His response was, "Really???  Because it's not already ugly enough?!"  Ouch!!  Am I the only one who thinks this thing is awesome???


No comments:

Post a Comment