My family

My family

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Garrett's new digs

Even though I went missing in action from the blog at the end of 2015, there were some major milestones we need to chat about! :)
 
Milestone #1:   Garrett moved into his first apartment!!! 

 
 
Holy moly…….my firstborn is on his own.  Look out world! J
 
A little backstory:  Garrett moved to Minnesota with us in 2011 right before his Junior year in high school.  He spent 11th grade at Maple Grove Senior High (the same school Delanie attends now).  That next summer, he moved back to Texas to be with Maci and graduate with his friends.  He is now in his third year at University of Texas at Arlington and has been living at home with his dad and step-mom. 
 
Last fall, he loaded up the U-Haul and took the leap.  His apartment is really close to campus and he absolutely loves it! 
 
   

 
He and his buddy, Hutch, are now living the bachelor life. 

 
I haven’t been to Texas since the big move so I’m dying to see the apartment in person.  (I need to know where my baby boy sleeps!)  That’s on the agenda this April. 
 
I’m so proud of this kid!  He’s going to take over the world. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment