My family

My family

Monday, January 25, 2016

Life lately...

Here’s a peek at life lately…..

Winter is in full-swing in Minnesota (-8 on the way to work this morning) so we’ve been doing lots of hibernating indoors.




Garrett recently had blood work done to identify his allergies.  Poor fella, there were a ton of them!



My tough little guy is now detoxing to eliminate as many allergens as possible.  That means no bread, no peanuts, no milk, no eggs, no black pepper…..this list goes on and on.  After he detoxes, the plan is to reintroduce foods slowly to gauge his reactions to them.

I texted him the other day to see how it was going and his reply was:  “I’m hungry!”  L

It breaks my heart that this kid is 1000 miles away from his momma during times like these.  My daily mantra is “God has a plan”.  I repeat that to myself no less than 514 times per day.



Delanie is knee-deep in her high school’s drum line and about to start marching band soon.  They practice at least three days per week and that has me & Jim carpooling a ton.  Sweet Jim volunteered for carpool duty both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend so I could stay in bed.  Dang, I love that man! J

Between band and her school work, she is one busy chickadee!  She got a camera for her birthday so she’s pretty excited to learn everything about photography.





Jim has been traveling quite a bit lately for work.  He’s usually gone 2-3 nights per week.  I’m not sure if I’ll ever get used to that but thankfully I’m the one who gets to sleep in my bed every night.  He’s completely wiped out when he gets home.



It’s already the middle of January and I’m still trying to get motivated for the new year.  Who’s with me on this?!

My word for 2016 is PAUSE.  When I get frustrated, PAUSE.  When I feel overwhelmed, PAUSE.  When I feel my blood starting to boil, PAUSE.  Each time I pause, I look upward and chat with Jesus.  I’m trying to get better at being present each day.  Live in the moment instead of focusing on what’s ahead or behind me……that’s the plan!








No comments:

Post a Comment