My family

My family

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Countdown to adventure!!

The countdown to our big adventure has begun!!!

Holy cow…..this is really happening.





Jim & I have been in a frenzy the past few weeks trying to meet with the travel agent and finalize the hotels, flights, etc. 

One thing you need to know about Jim……he never does anything half way!

In fact, I always joke that I never dreamed big enough until Jim came along. 



The perfect is example is this trip.  I would have searched and searched for the least expensive flights to Rome. 

Jim…..not so much!

He booked first-class tickets!  We will be in pods for the entire flight and they are completely decked out…..complete with seats that lay flat for sleeping.

One thing I would never skimp on is activities once we’re in Italy.  That’s the best part!

So…..here are the tours on our agenda…..EEKS!! :)

A full day on the Island of Capri including snorkeling, exploring grottos and a Limoncello taste-testing.



A night tour of Rome on the first evening we arrive. 



A three-hour pizza and gelato tour in the heart of Rome.




A three-hour tour of the museums and chapels in the Vatican.



That leaves plenty of time for exploring, laying out on the beach, eating pasta, drinking wine and whatever else we feel like doing!

This is the longest vacation I’ve ever taken.  It’s also our first trip overseas so we are learning all about plug adapters, international calling data, etc. 

OK, let’s be honest, Jim is learning all about those things.  I’m learning about the dress code for the Vatican.  J




I was chatting with one of my customers last week about the trip and she suggested that I read Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons.

This is the sequel to Da Vinci Code (which I loved) but I was always hesitant to read it because of the title.  I get super freaked out hearing stories about demons.   Weird but true. 

I started it this weekend and I cannot put it down!

The most interesting thing about the book is that it’s set in modern-day Rome and all of the places – Vatican City, Pantheon, St Peter’s Basilica – are factual.

It’s really getting me excited to see the sights for myself. 

Since this trip is so long – and it’s supposed to be really hot – I’m trying to plan out my clothes as much as possible.

This is what the floor of our office looks like.  (Sorry Jim!)


I thought it would be fun to put together a “look book” of completed outfits that I could wear in Italy.
 
The idea is to have each day’s outfit completely figured out before traveling.

Who wants to think about what pieces fit with others in the hotel?  Not this girl!

The look book will be a fun thing to include in our scrapbook. 


This is what our dining room table looks like lately. 

Can you tell we’re excited?!

I have highlighted the crap out of this poor map.  I don’t want to miss a thing once we’re over there!

The Italian phrase books are coming in handy.  Jim’s definitely not as interested as I am in learning the language. 



Now that we’re so close to the trip, I have a list of things I need to do every day until we leave. 

I love lists!!



Last night I took advantage of Jim being out of town and got a manicure and pedicure. 

It went wrong in a helluva hurry!



If you ask Jim what color toe nail polish a girl should use, he will have one answer:  RED

Other colors need not apply.

I don’t know what I was thinking last night.  The idea to branch out sounded so much better in my head. 

Seriously…..this color is HIDEOUS!!! 

Looks like I’ll be scheduling one more appointment at the nail salon before we leave.

Add it to the list! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment