My family

My family

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Life lately


Life is great (and busy) around our house! 
 
Fall has arrived in Minnesota and the leaves are saying their brilliant good-bye’s. 
 


Jim is back to feeding the deer.  They come around each night around dusk and gobble up the corn.  It’s always a kick to look out the window & see them staring back at you.
 



And it’s time to switch out the garage.  The snow blower & shovels come to the front, the lawn mower goes to the back.  
 
 
And because he’s a big believer in “a body in motion stays in motion”, my sweet husband is CONSTANTLY checking off his chore list. 
 
 
Delanie is just starting her Winter Drum Line season.  Remember her show from last year?  They placed 2nd their inaugural year so I’m excited to see how they do this time. 

She is taking Photography this year and editing photos.  Love that pop of color on the drum!

 
 
Her Senior year is here. 
 
*SIGH*

 
A group of her friends getting ready for Homecoming. 

 
Delanie, Tuba Tom, Matt & Amanda

I took this next photo when I was laid up after surgery.  Delanie asked if she could borrow a necklace so I told her to help herself to my jewelry box.  


I love this candid photo of everyday life.  It reminds me of my mom.  I used to rummage through her jewelry box all the time.  :)
 

Maci snapped a few pictures of she & Garrett taking Sophie to the park.  Of course, Garrett is hiding his pretty face in the pics.  J 


 
Big news!!  Garrett’s softball team won FINALS!! 
 
Woot woot!! J
 

 
Check out the celebration!!

This is such a funny group of guys.  Thanks again to Maci for sharing the photos! 


Speaking of Maci......she texted me this picture on her way to her nursing interview at Baylor.

She got the job!!!  :)  So proud of you!!


My right foot is healing…..slowly but surely.  I was able to wear real shoes to work a few times this week.  It’s the little things, right?!
 
Four more weeks until we do the left foot and I’m back to the boot. 
 
 
I can’t believe it’s time to update the Etsy shop with Christmas signs!  My main focus this weekend is to get them finished, listed on Etsy and drop off a bunch to Art2Heart.
 
Stay tuned……I’ll post more photos of the finished product soon! 

 
 
Last but not least, our adorable Big Booty Judy has been keeping us laughing.  She’s such a good dog but she’s getting on up there in years. 
 
 

Her back legs are starting to shift out from under her and she’s having trouble getting up the stairs.

 
Jim built two really awesome ramps for her.  One for the front steps and one to help her climb into the truck for vet visits. 
  

There is nothing ordinary about these ramps!  He even attached slip-resistant material so help when it snows. 


I snapped this picture one morning last weekend.  When I look at it, it reminds me of sleeping late, waking up slow and making plans while whispering so Bailey doesn’t wake up. 
  
 
Jim caught me taking the picture and the sappy moment quickly changed into this…..
 
 
Yep, that’s my man.  Gotta love him!!
 
So that’s life lately around our house. 
 
Have a great weekend!


















No comments:

Post a Comment