My family

My family

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Home improvements

It's funny how I tend to decorate our home in spurts.  Months will go by and I won't do any decorating at all.  Then, all at once, I want to change everything! :)
 
A few weeks ago, I got the urge and went nuts.  Delanie and I went on a five-hour shopping spree to gather everything I needed. I was in Heaven (her, not so much!). 
 
The first order of business was the den.  The TV cabinet has had me stumped for over a year. I bought a few things at the Junk Bonanza (last year!) that I just couldn't figure out how to put together.  I knew I wanted a warmer look and I knew I had to incorporate my favorite symbol.....fleur de lis.  You can take the girl out of New Orleans but you can't take the New Orleans out of the girl. 
 
 
Starting to look a little warmer, more cozy.....
 
 
This photo below was my favorite project.  The wall in my dining room has been a mess lately.  When we first moved in, I had a collage of family photos.  That worked for about a year before I started getting twitchy.  :)  I really love how this gallery wall turned out. 


Next up came the mudroom....  I should have taken before pictures.  Imagine this:  one open wire shelf above the washer/dryer.  That's it.  That single open shelf drove me crazy!!  I couldn't keep it from looking like a catch-all for detergent, dryer sheets, etc. 
 
I've been trying to convince Jim to install shelves for a while now.  He thought that was a job best suited for a professional.  Are you kidding me???  My husband can do ANYTHING!!!  Here's the proof.  Good-bye open shelving, hello yummy cabinets!

 
The command center serves as our family information center.  It's located right inside the door from the garage.  I think it turned out great!!!  I'm a huge fan of black, burlap and metal. 


That should satisfy my cravings to spruce up the place.  My next project is the baby below.  This has been hanging out in my dining room (near the gallery wall above) for over a year.  I would really like to turn it into a wine rack.  It's the exact shade of blue that's I've been adding to the main floor. If I don't do something with it soon, my sweet clutter-hating husband might put it on the curb. 


Stay tuned and wish me luck! :)

P.S.  Work starts on our deck/landscaping next week!!!  I can't wait to share the pictures with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment