My family

My family

Monday, October 27, 2014

Locks of love

Delanie has been talking about chopping her hair off for the past few months.....probably mid-Summer.  When she had a trim before school started, she wasn't quite ready.  That all changed this week!  Out of the blue, she texted me and said it was time.  (This kid is so much like her Momma that it's scary.  When I make my mind up to do something.....Katy bar the door.....nothing will change my mind.)

 
Delanie was hoping her hair was long enough to donate to Locks of Love.  It's a wonderful organization that makes wigs for children with cancer.  Her pony tails were just long enough! :)

 
And here we go.......!

 
No turning back now.....!

 
By this time, I was so proud of her that I wanted to burst!  This kid is so brave.....and confident....and independent.  I just can't get enough of her.  :)

 
After the cut, Kelli (our hairdresser) wrapped up the hair for Locks of Love then started styling.  Delanie knew just how she wanted it to look so she decided to take over.  (See what I mean about independent?)

 
Voila!!  Doesn't she look older?  Like a music major in college?  She LOVES it!! :)



1 comment: