My family

My family

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Firepit

Jim and I finally broke in the fire pit over Memorial Day weekend.  Let me tell you, I have been DYING to get down there!  It was a perfect evening for a fire.......temps in the 60s and just a slight little breeze.  My husband has serious fire-building skills!! :)


Delanie had several friends over so we loaded the s'more bucket up and got everything ready.  It's surprisingly quiet in the backyard even though there is a school and a busy road right up the hill.  Honestly, it felt like we were back at Madden's (click HERE to see that post)......only this time we were in our pajamas and about 100 feet from another cocktail. 


A roaring fire + my handsome husband = HEAVEN!! :)








Part of the reason I love love love a fire is because it instantly relaxes Jim.  Once he brings that fire to life, he sits back with a beer and you can literally hear his deep sigh. 



Don't let this photo fool you......that fire was HOT!!  The picture below took several tries.  We could barely keep our feet by the fire long enough to take it!




Side note:  We have a new batch of babies!!  Check out those adorable little goslings!  We have three or four families who call our backyard home.  :)





2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I'm super jealous. Do yall have problems with mosquitos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. I'm super jealous. Do yall have problems with mosquitos?

    ReplyDelete