My family

My family

Friday, February 12, 2016

Letter jackets & greasers

Happy Friday, friends! :)

Fair warning:  I’m humming “Grease is the word” as I’m typing this. 
For some weird reason, all I can see in my mind’s eye is Danny Zuko in a letterman’s sweater!!  Dang…..I love Danny Zuko. 


Who of you watched Grease Live last weekend?!  Oh my goodness……it was 
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!  I sang every single word for two solid hours while watching it. 


Yes, that is food in my teeth!  Back off boys, I’m taken!
Jim was playing video games on one TV while I was watching Grease on the other TV.  I had my headphones on so he couldn’t hear the music.  That didn’t keep me from belting out those songs though!! 

  
 
Julianne Hough as Sandy and Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo ------ > PERFECTION!!

“You’re the one that I want…….whoo hoo hoo, honey!” 
Sing with me ladies!!!! 
OK, I digress.  What was this post about???  Oh yeah….

It’s official:  Both of my babies are overachievers.  J 


   
They each now have a letter jacket hanging in their closet! 
It’s been awhile since Garrett got his jacket but I’ve been a blog bum lately
(Sorry, G).
So you all know that Garrett moved to Minnesota with us in 2011, then went back to Texas to graduate with his buddies be with Maci.  J  During his Senior year, he lettered in soccer.  The “L” on the front of his jacket shows his school (Legacy High School).   The patches on his sleeves are his jersey number (21) and his graduation year (2013).

Dear Garrett……you are SO much better looking than Danny Zuko!!  Love, Momma
This year, Delanie lettered in band at Maple Grove Senior High.  The maple leaf on the front of her jacket is her school’s mascot (the Crimson leaf).  Yep, a crimson maple leaf.  That’s how they rock it up here in the arctic.  The patches on one sleeve show her graduation year (2017) and the number of times she lettered (5).  The other sleeve shows her instrument (drums) and the star means she’s the captain of her line. 

 

 
It’s cool to compare the jackets.  Without knowing it, they both chose the wool body with leather sleeves.  Classic.
I’m so proud of these young’uns!!! J
P.S.  Back to Grease…..here’s a fun story for you.  The entire Suggs family flew to New Orleans way back when to attend our cousin’s wedding.  Belinda’s shindig was the quintessential Cajun wedding.  There was no shortage of partying, jambalaya and booze.  Tons of booze (or “hooch” as my mom used to call it). 
So much hooch, in fact, that Charlene and I proudly put on a show for a few hundred people belting out "Summer Nights” as Danny and Sandy from Grease as the song played at the reception.  OK, picture this:  Charlene was a rockin’ Danny (why she got the boy part, I’ll never know) and I kicked some bee-hind as Sandy. 
Summer loving…..had me a blast.
Summer loving……happened so fast!
I met a girl crazy for me.
I met a boy cute as can be!
Admit it.  You’re humming that tune right now, aren’t you!!! J

Have a great Valentine's Day weekend!!




1 comment:

  1. Incredibly beautiful pictures of your kids. I want to tell you how much I appreciated your clearly written and thought-provoking article.

    Thanks!
    embroidery patches iron on
    jackets back patches

    ReplyDelete