My family

My family

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Happy Doodle Day!!

Happy National Doodle Day!  J
 
While doodling may not be up my alley, I love love love to color!  I must be channeling my inner four-year-old.
 

 
I came across these coloring books last summer right before our trip up north in my local Barnes & Noble.  Eeks!!  I packed those suckers up and colored every chance I got……. so relaxing.  I even sent a set to Tracey for Christmas! J
 
Image result for starbucks cup
 
Speaking of Barnes & Noble……is there any place in the world better?  I mean, really.  I could spend hours checking out books and drinking hot chocolate.  I am one of those readers that gets completely engrossed in a book.  After I’m done with the story, I miss the characters.  Yep, seriously.

Image result for barnes & noble
 
Jim doesn’t get it.  He thinks a bookstore is the equivalent to Chinese water torture.  The only thing I’ve ever seen Jim read is work emails and my car owner’s manual.  Let’s be honest…..this man HATES to sit still.  His motto:  A body in motion stays in motion. 
 
For me:  Gloomy/cold weather + my favorite wubby blanket + a book = HEAVEN
 
I’m a sucker for romance novels.  My mom used to call them crotch novels.  TMI? 
 
I have read every single book written by
 
Sandra Brown (http://sandrabrown.net/ )
Jude Devereaux (http://jude-deveraux.com/ )
Judith McNaught (http://www.judithmcnaught.com/ ). 
 
Every.  Single.  One.  Give me a historical romance novel and I’ll sit quietly in a corner for hours. 
 
Lately I’ve been gobbling up books about vampires.  I’m more than a little embarrassed to admit that.   Moving on….

 
 
At the risk of being mortified, I’m sharing a sneak peek at the books on my reading list.  Yikes….don’t judge me.  These are not books meant to stimulate the minds of geniuses.  Pleasure purposes only.  Thinking not required. 
 
James Patterson – This was recommended by my sweet friend Teresa. 

JD Robb – Jim’s sister, Carol, recommended these books written under Nora Robert’s pseudonym JD Robb.
 
Danielle Steel – Who doesn’t love a good Danielle Steel book?  I have to be in the mood to read these because there is always a gut-wrenching-ball-my-eyes-out section in her stories. 
 
Julia Quinn & Julia London – Awesome historical romance novelists.
 
Jackie Collins – Pure smut.  No other words necessary.
 
JR Ward – These vampires stories are just so dang romantic to me.  Maybe it’s the Cajun from New Orleans in me……guilty.
 
Now you know way more about me than you ever wanted to.  J
  
 
Here’s a book I read last month.  I love Betheny Frankel!  She’s a ball-busting-no-filter-swearing-son-of-a-gun.  She calls it like she sees it.  This book was super interesting to me because it’s all about getting to know yourself. 
 
So there you have it……my current obsessions with coloring books and trash novels. 
 
I’m always looking for new authors so send your suggestions! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment