My family

My family

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday

If you missed my first Show & Tell Tuesday, check it out here.  That post was all about totally honest, uncensored mom confessions so you don’t want to miss it!
 


This week it’s all about our hometown. 
 
Fact:  My hometown is hands-down the best place in the United States for having an all-out, balls-to-the-wall good time!
 
Welcome to New Orleans, LA…….home of Mardi Gras and some of the craziest Cajun cousins on the planet. 
 
Charlene and I were born on the west bank of New Orleans.  Our family lived there until we were six, then moved to Texas. 
 
Charlene and I visited NOLA last year and we are still feeling the hangover!  It was totally worth it though. 
 
Check out our adventures here, here, here and here..   That was one of my favorite vacations of ALL TIME!!!
 
What do I love about my hometown?  EVERYTHING!
 
Mardi Gras…..
 

 
Bourbon Street and the never-ending supply of frozen cocktails (Fais Deaux Deaux)……
 



The architecture…..
 

 
The neighborhoods…..
 

 
The food……
 



 
Lord have mercy, the food!!  I would cut off my right arm to eat a bowl of my mom’s red beans and rice.  YUM!!
 
While all of these things are pretty dang awesome, I just love the vibe New Orleans has.  It’s such a melting pot of cultures and tons of history.  It’s full of survivors that live life to the fullest. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment