My family

My family

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Life lately

Oh hi there, December! 

Lots of fun stuff happening around here.  We got our first snow storm last week.....yay!!

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas! ⛄

Here's life lately.....



I had a GREAT birthday!  This one kind of snuck up on me but turned out fantastic.

Tracey sent me a coffee table book of Italy and these awesome wrapping papers.  She knows what a freak I am about paper products (stationary, etc.).  


I made these adorable snowmen photos for Charlene.  I loved them so much I had to make a set for me too!

\

Delanie's Fall Musical opened two weeks before Thanksgiving.  They performed "Pippin" this year and we were so impressed.

Opening night, she posted this on Instagram....



Translation:  My mother, she is really beautiful, right?

I mean.....how sweet is that?  On a night that all the focus should be on her and the musical, she posted this and my heart exploded! 😊



The musical was fantastic!  It's amazing what these high schoolers can put together.  We are always so impressed!



It hit me right in the middle of the show that this is my baby's Senior year.  

How did that happen so fast??


She also had a Crimson Winds performance that week.  Being in every single band at the high school has this chick-a-dee super busy.  

\

Maci sent some pictures of her and Garrett.  She always gets the funniest shots!  Here they are head-banging in the car.  👱



Love these kids so much!


My second foot surgery was the day after Thanksgiving so I've been running around crazy getting ready.

My right foot is still swollen most of the time so I've only been able to wear my loafers.  Now that Winter is here, I had to find another solution for when I head back to work after the surgery.  

It only took five years for me to buy these silly shoes but I'm so glad I did!!  


I knew I would be "sick up in the bed" (Ha!  That was for you, Mom!), I had to get everything ready for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving  That was no easy feat!

That meant the Christmas decorations went up on Thanksgiving Day!  


I did 90% of my Christmas shopping done online this year.  That means I was able to wrap several gifts and get them under the tree by the end of the day.  


It feels so good to be able to sit back and enjoy the season.  The timing of this surgery has really forced me to slow down (or stop in this case!) and take a look around me. 

 I am truly a lucky girl.  💗


You know I'm a list girl so I have a looong list of things to keep me busy after surgery.  


On top of the list was to send out Christmas cards and our annual family newsletter.  


By midnight the night before the surgery, I had everything set up to be productive during my recovery period.  Jim walked in, saw this and literally laughed out loud!   He said, "Honey.....it looks like you don't plan on moving for two weeks!"  😜


On the list to keep me busy.....

Update my bullet journal.

Catch up on Bible journaling.

2017 Etsy designs

Christmas rag wreath

Finish a few books I've been neglecting.

So far.....the only thing I've gotten done is more online shopping.  Eeks!  Between Amazon Prime (my new best friend) and the super-cute Etsy shops I've found recently, my American Express has taken a hit.

I'm a sucker for anything monogrammed or personalized with my name.....


My surgery went really well and the foot is healing nicely.  I've got a few more days of being stuck in bed so here's hoping I'll feel like tackling that to-do list.  If not, at least I'll have some adorable stationary to write it out on.  😏


And last but absolutely not least, Delanie found out she got accepted into her dream school......

Texas Tech!!


She is on Cloud Nine!  It's been so fun to watch her plan out her next chapter in life.  

Congrats my baby girl!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment