My family

My family

Monday, February 6, 2017

Life lately

There has been a lot of activity around our bee hive lately!
 
Here’s a look……
 
 
I finished my first ever month-long blog challenge!
 
Woot woot!
 
Now you know everything you never wanted to know about me.  Haha!
 

Delanie turned 18 this month!! 

 
 
I tried so hard to surprise this kiddo with a birthday party but her schedule is so jam-packed, we just couldn’t fit it in. 
 
What is it they say about the best of intentions???
 
 
This fella was hurting most of January. 
 
He bruised his ribs after slipping on sidewalk ice, then threw his back out the next week.
 
 
Poor guy…..he could barely move for a few weeks.
 

This was my view for a full week last month as I came down with the flu (even AFTER getting a flu shot). 
 

 When Jim is sick, he sleeps a ton.  When I’m sick, I binge on Netflix.
 
The Netflix home screen cracks me up.  It is the perfect snapshot of our family.
 
James – Mr. Grumpy (just kidding honey!!)
 
Delanie (AKA Jo) – Cartoon panda.....she’s the baby of the family after all!
 
Garrett (AKA G-money) – Bad ass biker dude!
 

In addition to Netflix, I ordered the complete set of Heroes. 
 
This show reminds me of something Garrett would watch and, I have to admit, I’m hooked. 
 
 
Speaking of Garrett…..I laughed out loud when this picture of he & his roomie, Hutch, came up in my Facebook feed. 
 
The feud between the Detroit Red Wings and the Dallas Stars is still going strong!
 

Our sweet little Maci passed her nursing exams last month!!  

I’m so proud of this cutie!!
 

 Maybe it’s the history teacher in me but I can’t get enough of the inauguration.  I don’t care who wins the election (don’t get me started!) but I’m glued to the TV every four years. 
 
 
I took this snapshot as Lee Greenwood’s “God bless the USA” was being belted out by this veteran.
 
I get goose bumps every time I look at that photo.  We are so lucky to live in this country.
 

One of my goals for 2017 was to try digital scrapbooking. 
 
While I don’t think it will replace my physical scrapbooks, it’s been interesting to explore.
 
I’m using the Project Life app on my iPhone to do a weekly digital spread throughout 2017.
 
The idea is to use the app to document a week’s worth of random photos throughout the year, then print the pages in a bound photo book.  So far so good!
 

Outside of that one layout per month, I haven’t been motivated to do much creating. 
 

Until Jim surprised me with an art set one afternoon after his errands.  No particular reason, he says, he just “thought I would like it”. 
 
That is my husband in a nutshell.  💚
 
It’s time to get my bootie in gear and start ramping up the Etsy shop again! 
 
 
For the first time since we’ve been in Minnesota, Jim and I visited a church last weekend. 
 
Since I was raised Baptist and Jim was raised Catholic, we are trying to find somewhere we are both comfortable.
 
I don’t think it will be this particular church but we are definitely moving in the right direction.
 

Last but certainly not least……..this beauty moved to Houston and started grad school this month!!
 
My sweet Raymond is a big girl now!!
 
She is kind.  She is smart.  She is important.  (Quick!  Name that movie!!)
 
Seriously…..this apple didn’t fall far from her MiMi’s tree.  She is independent, smart as all get-out and so dang foxy!!!
 
And speaking of family……..I’m just going to leave this right here…..
 

 Have a great week, friends! 😀





 

No comments:

Post a Comment