My family

My family

Friday, February 10, 2017

#8

On Tuesday, Jim and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary!! 


This is us on our wedding day.  


See that all-encompassing-hug-thing that Jim does?  I love it!!  💙 


It makes me feel like the center of his universe.  




This is us a few short years later.  


It really doesn't feel like eight years.  Maybe because there's always some kind of adventure.....


Moving to Minnesota




Raising two amazing kiddos


Job/career changes


Tons of Saturdays spent in Home Depot


Hours spent in the basement while Jim plays video games and I paint signs



And laughing every time I catch Jim sleeping on film  



If I had to use one word to describe the last eight years, it would be FUN.  We just love spending time together because we always have fun.  Simple.

On our anniversary last year, I wrote about the secrets of our happy marriage.

Nothing ground-breaking there.....just a few things that work for us.  


Speaking of which.....



Jim hand-delivered a beautiful bouquet of roses to my office on our anniversary.

Eight yellow ones (one for every year we've been married) plus four red ones.  



Then made reservations at our favorite steakhouse for a special anniversary dinner.  



He popped the question in a steakhouse just like this in Dallas. 



Check out my drink!  It's called a Smoking Cosmo....


It was so awesome!  There was dry ice in the bottom and it made it look like it was boiling.  



After hours of talking about the future and how lucky we are to have found each other, the server brought out my favorite dessert......red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.  

All in all is was a great day!

Happy anniversary, Jim!! 💑




No comments:

Post a Comment