My family

My family

Friday, February 17, 2017

Random Acts of Kindness

Today is National Random Acts of Kindness day!

I'm excited about this post because it's one of my favorite things to do.  


A few years ago, Jim called me up to the office to ask about the American Express bill.  

He saw a two charges for Chik-Fil-A on one day and thought we were being charged double.

I was busted! 😉


Flashback to some time before when I swung through Taco Bell after running errands at lunch. I was shocked when I got to the window and the employee said 
"no charge today, ma'am".  

Wait....what???

The sweet older gentlemen in the car ahead of me had paid for my lunch.  I couldn't believe it!  He didn't wait for a "thank you" but, instead, drove off quickly.  

I was so moved by that random thoughtfulness that I quickly got into the habit of doing the same thing each time I grabbed a quick lunch.  

Fast-forward to some time later in the truck with Jim and I were running our Saturday morning He-man-woman-hater errands.


Jim was craving an egg-mcmuffin from McDonalds.  We pulled up to the "pay here" window and my husband paid for the guy behind us!  

I gave him the "awww-honey-you-are-so-sweet" look and got the one pictured above back.  Ha!  

He was like "What?!?  I do this all the time!"


I soon found out that he DID indeed do it all the time!  💜

He once bought a Starbucks gift card (he goes there every single morning) and left it at the counter for the cashier to use for that day's customers.

He once purchased coffee travel mugs for the police officers he sees in Starbucks every weekday morning.  (With these travel mugs, Starbucks gives free coffee refills.)



While neither Jim nor I came up with this idea, we both get a kick out of doing it for someone else.  It's contagious!  It warms your heart as much as it does the customer behind you.  

Do it and see for yourself!!














No comments:

Post a Comment