My family

My family

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Spring Fever

Growing up in Texas, we saw all kinds of weather.  Sunshine, freezing rain, tornado-speed winds and ........the type that scares me most......hail.

I cannot handle hail.  Nope.  I don't care what size it is, it scares the crap out of me.  

I remember a HUGE hail storm that passed through our neighborhood when Charlene and I were in middle school.  That storm brought softball-sized hail and I was terrified!  

It completely smashed cars left in driveways, ripped humongous holes into our roof and broke every single window in our house.  

The sight of my mother fighting to hold a sheet of plywood against a window (so the hail couldn't get into the house) haunts me to this day.  Since water was pouring into the roof holes, my dad sent Charlene and I up into the attic with buckets to scoop the water out onto the garage floor so the ceilings wouldn't cave in.  

Even with the drastic weather changes in Texas - some even in the same day - I've never seen weather like what we had in Minnesota today.


This was the view onto our deck this morning at 7:30am.


And this was the view leaving work at 5pm. 

Happy Spring, friends!! 😎





No comments:

Post a Comment