My family

My family

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Life lately

It's been awhile since I've done a "life lately" post so here goes!😊

Image result for easter religious

First and foremost, HAPPY EASTER!!  

Image result for easter inspirational quotes

On Good Friday, we celebrate Jesus' ultimate sacrifice at the cross.  On Sunday, we rejoice in His resurrection.  Our God is BIG!!


My boss and his wife, Suzie, bring goodies for me and my coworkers every single holiday.  Sweet, right?  This time it was a gift card to a new snow cone shop in town and these hilarious glasses.  


I've been wanting to set up a coffee station in our kitchen for forever and, friends, it's finally done!  I found the cart at a local shop called Chloe's Attic.  The shop owner up-cycles and re-purposes furniture she finds at antique sales, flea markets. etc. using chalk paint.  


BEFORE

I saw this (photo above) a few weeks ago and it was the perfect fit for what my kitchen! 


AFTER

Sue painted it almost this GORGEOUS robin's egg blue and I LOVE IT!!


Done!

The color almost matches the wine rack from hell but is just different enough to stand out.  Y'all.....I don't even like coffee but this cart gives me the heart eyes! 😍


I'm so excited that my new prayer journals have been approved to sell at Art2Heart!!!!  

Since these were new to the shop's inventory, they had to be approved by the board of directors.  I'm always anxious that they (or anyone else!) won't like what I create so I'm glad to say that we are moving forward!  They are super fun to make.  💚


I've also got a TON of hymn boards ready to go.  If the good Lord's willing and the creek doesn't rise, they will be popular with the customers.  (That's an old southern phrase my mama used to use.  I'm laughing as I type this! Haha......I sure miss that lady.  😇)  Check out the Etsy shop to see all the options.  


On the docket for this weekend is to finish off more hand-lettering designs and transfer those suckers to wood signs.  And I might try my hand at lettering an old window I've been holding on to.  Jim keeps threatening to toss it out if I don't do something with it.  

Rough draft #1.......


My man-child is moving in with Maci next weekend!  He's all grown up and getting ready to tie the knot.  When I was in Texas for the MS Walk, we toured his new apartment community.  It is STUNNING!  I can't wait to see how they decorate it.  



He posted the photo below of his co-workers on FaceBook last week and I can't stop staring at it.  It's very rare that you snap a photo of Garrett right in the middle of a belly laugh.  Man oh man.....I love this kid!


Speaking of kids I love, Delanie is still flying high after winning the MPA state finals last Saturday.  She had a weepy moment on Sunday and was saying that she wished she could start the season all over again.  I feel you, honey pie!  


Jim and his lucky hat.....


She has officially changed her mind about colleges.  Initially, she wanted to go to Texas Tech but decided University of North Texas would be a better fit for her.  She's pretty excited about their music /media departments and is ready to try out for the Green Brigade Marching Band.  



Back home in Minnesota, we thought Spring had officially arrived......until we got a freak snowstorm this week.  It was sunny and 50 degrees one day then we got a few inches of snow the next day.  Hopefully that was the last snow we will see for awhile.  Don't get me wrong....I love winter in Minnesota.....but I'm ready to bust out my capris!


And, on a silly note, check out how long my hair has gotten!!  The last time it was this long was when Garrett was born.......in 1994........a long time ago!  


I'm kinda digging it! 


Jim has been traveling so much for work lately so I'm looking forward to having him in the house this weekend.  He came home from North Carolina with a nasty head cold.  It sucks balls that he's so miserable.  Even with a head cold, he's still the cutest thing I've seen all day.  


I have the most HILARIOUS video of him dancing on the deck last weekend but he made me delete it.  Seriously, friends, if you saw this video you would wet your pants laughing.   (Text me and I will send it to you on the down-low! 😜)  

Happy Easter!!












No comments:

Post a Comment