My family

My family

Friday, January 17, 2014

Canadia

No.....that's not a typo!  That's what my nineteen-year-old calls the country just north of us (Canada, eh?!). 

Day two of the kids' visit to Michigan had us crossing the Ambassador Bridge (linking Detroit to Windsor, Ontario) to spend the day in Canadia Canada.  In case you are geographically-challenged like I am...... The Detroit River separates Detroit, MI from Windsor, Ontario. 


First stop:  The duty-free shop on the Canadian side for souvenirs. This kid cracks me up!  :)


We drove all the way up to where the Detroit River empties out into Lake Saint Clair.  Visiting all of the Great Lakes is on my bucket list so I can check this one off!!  (We took in the manificent sights of Lake Superior last Fall when we visited Duluth.)

Check out the incredible photo (completely unfiltered) that Delanie took.  We jumped out of the car and walked between houses to get to the lakefront.  It took her all of ten seconds to snap this photo.  I swear this girl has an incredible talent for capturing beauty. 





No comments:

Post a Comment