My family

My family

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Frostbite

If you had told me a few years ago that I would be braving temps of -20 degrees Fahrenheit, I would have laughed my bootie off.  Hahahaha.......now I'm FREEZING my bootie off!  :)


We have officially hit the "what are you thinking?" faze of our move up north.  As a lifelong Texan, I am not ashamed to admit that I thought the only place I would ever encounter this level of cold is at the North or South Pole.  The few days this week that we toughed it out, the South Pole was actually warmer than Minnesota!  Seriously......I can't make that stuff up!!



It was so cold that the chemicals used on our roads wouldn't work.  Really?!  Yep, this is what it looked like in my work parking lot for over a week.  That's a solid sheet of ice!!  It definitely made for a long commute back and forth to work. 


Always one to make the best of a situation, my sweet husband stocked each of our trunks with a cold weather emergency kit.  That Home Depot bucket you're staring at is filled with kitty litter.  Did you know kitty litter will help your tires gain traction in the ice???

No comments:

Post a Comment