My family

My family

Friday, February 7, 2014

More like five minutes.....

My heart is so full as I write this post.  Five years ago today, Jim and I exchanged vows in front of a small group of family and friends......pledging to stand together through thick and thin......on the same day his parents got married so long ago.  Before then, we were engaged for only three months.  We decided on a wedding at home after Jim said that he "wanted a marriage, not a wedding".  I knew right then and there that he was the perfect match for me! :)
 

Let me tell you how wonderful this man is......  I have never met anyone so selfless.  He genuinely cares about the people he surrounds himself with.  To that end, he would go to the ends of the Earth to make sure they are healthy and happy.  He has been a much-needed blessing to our family.  He takes his role of "bonus dad" so seriously.  He doesn't take crap off of anyone (especially me.....refer to the perfect match comment above). 

 
 
Over the years, Jim and I have presented a united front no matter what curve balls were thrown at us. It was on our second anniversary that we decided to move 1000 miles away from home. It's been a crazy wonderful adventure and the best part of it is that I get to share with my best friend.

 
Happy anniversary Jim!  I thank God every day that he brought you into my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment