My family

My family

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Streak of genius

Several weeks ago, Delanie asked if she could put a streak of blue coloring in her hair.  Why, yes.......yes you can! :)  Up until now, her hair has been super low-maintenance.  She trims it three or four times per year at the most.  For those trims, we have always gone to Great Clips or Fantastic Sams.  Not this time!  I decided she should commemorate the occasion by visiting the salon where I get my hair cut...Kalla Lily.
 
 
Finally, last night was the big night!  As I'm taking pictures of her first salon visit, she reminded me that she had to a salon in Texas several times (without me).  I stand corrected!  Even so......I kept taking pictures like any good momma would.  :)

 
The picture below reminds me of how young Delanie really is.  She's incredibly mature for her age so it's easy to forget she's only fifteen years old.  Her cute little black chucks.......this is the second pair so far this year.  This little chickadee shares her momma's love for Converse! :)
 
 
Once the haircut was complete, it was time for the color.  Instead of bleaching her hair and adding the blue tint, Delanie decided to have an extension put it.  Cool color......right?
 

The extension is attached with a piece of "tape" and will grow out with her hair.  A big benefit is that it won't fade like normal coloring would.  Delanie decided to put it in behind her ear so you would just get a hint of the color when her hair is down. 
 
 
I think it turned out great!  Thankfully, she's happy with it too.  :)
 
 
We capped the night off with a celebratory dinner at PF Changs.  From as far back as I can remember, that seems to be the place we congregate for "girls night".  My baby is growing up.......high school is just around the corner.  (Yikes!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment