My family

My family

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Family yearbooks

I am finally caught up on our family yearbooks!! Woot woot! :) 
 
 
I mentioned in a post earlier that this blog has become a digital scrapbook for our family.  While I would love to take the creative credit, I actually got the idea from my dental hygienist in Texas.  She kept an electronic record of her family's daily life and I totally stole the idea. :)  The funny thing about the blog is that Jim is super impressed at my tech-savvy skills.  Little does he know that it's a plug-and-play-even-an-idiot-could-figure-it-out blog.  Hahaha! 

 
The first year of the blog coincided with our move to the arctic tundra called Minnesota.  (I say that because it's March and we got another 3 inches of snow last night.)  The first edition of the family yearbook was a measly 40+ pages.  The second year, the book grew to 60+ pages.  Last year's book was a whopping 96 pages!!  And.....my first blog post of 2013 was in April.  Eeks......I had a lot to say last year! :)


Each yearbook - created on www.blurb.com - takes about four hours to make.  That's a long time to sit in front of the computer but it's definitely worth it.  Revisiting the posts often takes me back to a rough time - Mom's death, Garrett's return to Texas, etc.  By the end of the session, I'm exhausted more from the emotional connection than the computer work. 

I received the latest edition of our yearbook yesterday in the mail.  I'm not ashamed to say that I squealed like a little girl while dancing a jig around my kitchen.  :)  The best thing about the books is that copies can be ordered.  One of these days, I will print a batch for each of the kiddos.  Gotta love technology!!


No comments:

Post a Comment