My family

My family

Monday, March 10, 2014

Paradise

Delanie and I spent all day in paradise yesterday!

Crafts Direct

 
Crafts Direct is located in Waite Park, MN just outside Saint Cloud.  We were happy to make the 45 minute trek north after hearing about what an awesome place this was.  We were definitely not disappointed!  We shopped until we dropped in more than 40,000 square feet of any crafter's paradise!  It was twice as big as a combination of Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Archivers.  With the damage to my wallet after this visit, it might be several months before we can head up north again.  :)

 
As we pulled off the highway into Waite Park, this sweet water tower greeted us with a smile (above).  That's my favorite baseball cap (below).  It's a regular fixture on my weekend errand runs.  It's eleven years old - I bought it at Disney World - and I will wear it until it falls apart.  :) 

 
The night before our adventure, Delanie only slept about three or four hours.  She was a trooper and woke up early to go with me........only to conk out on the way home! :) 

 
Evidence of the damage to my pocketbook.....

 
The best part of spending the day with my sweet kiddo was when we were loading the car up to head home.  In the middle of the parking lot, she pulled me into a tight hug and said, "Thanks Mom!  I had a great day."  I only expected the hug to last a few seconds (if I was lucky!) but she held on tight.  I started teasing her about hugging her mother in public and she said, "You better savor the moment.  This doesn't happen very often!"  And*snap* just like that my teenager reappeared.  :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment