My family

My family

Monday, February 9, 2015

Christmas Flu

January has gotten away from m!!  I'm just now posting Christmas photos!!  Yikes!  There's so much I want to share with you.

Where to begin...... 

The plan for Christmas was for Delanie to go to Texas while Jim and I went to Michigan.  The next week, Garrett and Maci would fly to Minnesota with Delanie to spend the week of New Years Eve. 

It almost went off without a hitch.  Delanie flew to Texas.....check. 


The day we were to fly to Michigan, Jim got the flu. :( 

Even after getting the flu shot, he was down - and I do mean DOWN! - for about six weeks.  Poor guy.....he spent his two week vacation sick-up-in-the-bed.  That was one of my mom's expressions and it still makes me smile. 

 
 
This flu strand was no joke.  This was the scene at our house for a very long time.  
 

He felt a little better the time Garrett, Delanie & Maci arrived in Minnesota.  We had a full week of activities planned and they all included him.  :)

This was the first time Garrett had been back to Minnesota since he returned to Texas in 2010.  We have seen each other tons of times since then but it was good to get him cute little bootie back in our home and have him all to ourselves for awhile. 

Although it was hard, I made a point of NOT taking tons of photos while they were here.  I wanted to be a present-participant in his visit instead of the person behind the camera.  (I did have everyone sit for a quick family photo shoot but I kept it as quick and painless as possible.)  I'll post those pictures later.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment