My family

My family

Friday, February 6, 2015

Flashback Friday

Happy Friday!! :) 
 
Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year......my wedding anniversary.  Six years ago, I married the love of my life. 
 
 
In case you don't know the backstory, Jim and I met at a blackjack table in Oklahoma.  During our two-year courtship, there were plenty of ups and downs but as love would have it, everything worked out in the end.  :)
 
A few months after we started dating, Jim told me we would end up married.  I told him he we was smoking crack.  I finally came to my senses and realized he was right.  No big surprise there!
 
On December 12, 2008, I closed on the purchase of our home in Mansfield.  Life was good.......my family was healthy and happy, I was dating the man of my dreams, and the kids and I were finally able to move out of our apartment and start putting down permanent roots.  I didn't think it could get any better. 
 
To celebrate our new home purchase, Jim took me to Morton's in downtown Dallas to celebrate.  If you've never been to Morton's, it is quite the experience.  They have an aweome room with nothing but wine lockers that belong to their "regulars".  The walls are filled with photos of famous people who have dined there.  The napkin color depends on your pant color (because who wants white lint on black pants?).  All in all......it is AWESOME!
 
Little did I know that Jim had the whole night planned.  When the dessert menu arrived, this is what it said.......
 

I was shocked!  Just when you think life can't get any better and your heart is ready to explode, something like this happens.  :)  Jim came around the table, got down on one knee and popped the question.  I wish I could remember what he said but it was all a blur.  I do remember what I said though.  Instead of answering him right away, I kept asking him if he was sure.  He started laughing and said "you're not going to leave me on my knees forever, are you?" 

 

When we looked up, the entire waitstaff and several other customers started cheering!  It was such a wonderful moment.  We soon found out that a customer at another table was taking photos.  She gave the camera to the staff at Mortons and they printed out of the photos for us to mark the occasion. 
 
 
The photos were presented to us inside a handwritten card (below) signed by all of the waitstaff.  We never did find out who the thoughtful customers were but we were notified that they paid our bill as a congratulations gift.  Proof positive that there are still wonderful people in the world.  :)
 

 
Less than three months later, Jim and I stood before our families and promised our forevers.  Jim's parents' anniversary is February 7th.  Jim asked his mom if we could share their anniversary and she graciously agreed.  Isn't it funny how things work out exactly the way they are supposed to?  God definitely has a plan for us all. 


The whole Richardson crew flew down for the occasion.  The day would not have been complete without them! :)

 
Happy anniversary honey!! :)  I love you more and more every single day.  I cannot imagine life without you.  You're the one!

 


 

1 comment: