My family

My family

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Balls, smooches & pizza pie

Texas – Day One

Two weeks later and I’m just getting around to blogging about my AMAZING trip to Texas!!  OK, let’s take it from the top…..

This is  ready-or-not-here-I-come picture I sent to my peeps before heading to the airport.  J
My plan landed at DFW at 8:15pm and by 8:26pm I was in my rental car flying down the highway to pick up Charlene and Lauren! 
Let’s pause for a moment so I can brag on my phenomenal-smoking-hot-thoughtful-as-all-get-out husband.  He arranged to have a rental car agent meet me at baggage claim so I could bypass taking the shuttle to pick up the car.  Seriously, how did I get this lucky?! 

OK, back to Texas.  Obviously I wasn’t going fast enough…..and my firstborn was hurrying me along!


After I slowed down enough for Charlene and Lauren to jump into the car, we entered the softball fields at UTArlington to watch Garrett play softball.  As we were walking up to the field, Garrett was hugging the backstop shouting “Hi Momma!!”.  J  I could not love this kid any more.





His team smoked their opponents (of course!).  Afterward, he had the whole team come over to meet his family.  LOVE. THIS. KID!!


We all piled into the car and hit Old School Pizza for a late – and super yummy! – supper. 


This is the sight that welcomed me to “my” bedroom at Bea’s house.  She has flowers and goodies there every single time I come to town.  This time it was peppermint chocolate bark.  Oh man…..she knows me like no other. 
My head finally hit the pillow about 1:30am and I was absolutely on Cloud Nine!! J







No comments:

Post a Comment