My family

My family

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Road trips, fixer uppers & junk in the trunk

Texas – Day Two


I woke up Thursday to this sweet text from Jim.  Sweet, right? 

My absolute favorite how on TV is Fixer Upper.  I mean, seriously.   As far as I’m concerned, Chip & Joanna Gaines can do no wrong. 
I love her farmhouse-style decorating and I literally crack up every time one of their shows come on.
Since they film in Waco, TX – about an hour and a half from Mansfield – I jumped at the chance to take a road trip!!


Garrett Todd had school and work on Thursday so Charlene, Lauren and I schlepped down to Waco to stalk visit the Magnolia Market. 


Chip & Joanna Gaines bought an old property in downtown Waco with grain silos and renovated it into their office/market/garden wonderland. 







We walked in and I had a total fan girl moment…….complete with nervous giggling and overwhelmed eyes full of wonder.  ç You’ll have to excuse the drama here.  I seriously love this show!!
It turns out that we weren’t the only out-of-towners.  The people in line behind us came all the way from North Carolina.  The man parked in front of us had a New Jersey license plate.











Here’s the thing… I wanted one of everything in that market!



The Magnolia compound includes a huge garden, bakery, garden shop, food trucks, dog park and a boatload of picnic tables that sit right next to a family play area complete with life-size dice and a giant Jenga game.


While we were in Waco, Bea wanted to visit a few antique stores.  We scoped out the best ones and ended up at Junque In The Trunk.  I fell in love before we even stepped inside. 





Charlene was being friendly and asked the clerk if they got a lot of traffic from the Fixer Upper visitors.  Evidently someone had peed in the clerk’s Cheerios that morning because she looked at Charlene and huffed, “Well….I think they come in because the love OUR stuff!”  No Bueno, missy!!  Poor Charlene, she was just trying to make small talk and the lady turned into the Devil’s spawn. 





I bought a super cute metal sign that says “Walk by faith, not by sight”.  I can’t believe I didn’t get a picture of it.  I must have been too focused on protecting the idiot clerk lady from some serious Charlene-smack-down.  Hahaha!! J

This was the view sitting next to me before we even hit the highway headed home. 
What a fantastic day!!  We were exhausted by the time we got home but could not have been happier.  J




No comments:

Post a Comment