My family

My family

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Championships


Last weekend was jam-packed with Delanie's Minnesota Percussion Association Championships!!

She is captain of the Grove Area Percussion group and has been working so hard on this show.  They practiced two nights per week (at least!) plus Saturdays for the last several months.  

The show is called Wild Ones and is all about a prehistoric tribe of people who happen upon a radio on their deserted island.  Confused?  I was too until I saw the whole thing.  Let me tell you, it was AMAZING!! :)


Delanie's teacher......Mike Brown (AKA Brownie) wrote the music and choreographed the entire show.  I was so impressed with his leadership skills.  He knew just how to motivate this group of kids and really brought out the best in them.  


Delanie starts the show on a mounted snare.  They performed a haka war chant.  




Then Delanie and her fellow snares start a battery of marching, dancing and drumming!!


Stunning!!! :)



Delanie and Anna.....








The whole show was really incredible.  I couldn't take my eyes off it and was so proud of my little drummer!!


Delanie with the rest of her crew scoping out the competition (above).


Drum roll please.......(see what I did there?!).......they took 2nd place!!!!  This is seriously impressive especially since it's their FIRST TIME the group competed.  This proud momma may have shed a few happy tears.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment