My family

My family

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Music to my ears

OK..........so I've got this thing about Baptist hymns.  


A few bars of one of these hymns stops me in my tracks every single time.  

 

This Christmas, I wanted to create art using the pages of Baptist Hymnals.  

I wanted to relive those Sunday morning church services from my childhood.  My favorite services were the ones where we sang every single verse.  

On a whim, I logged on to Amazon and ordered a few old hymnals.  



I was so excited to open these packages when they came in the mail!

Y'all.......I could never have expected what I found when I opened that box.  


Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention when I ordered the books.  

I was SHOCKED when I opened that package and found the church's imprint at the bottom of the book.

Check that out......!!


Seriously?!

Charlotte Road Baptist Church

What an amazing surprise!!! :)


I've been humming these tunes ever since! :)


I had so much fun creating these hymn boards and I'm so happy with how they turned out.  



I dropped off several pieces at Art2Heart for their Open House over the weekend.  




I am still amazed to have my creations in the showroom. 


A few other pieces I'm adding to the Etsy shop this week.  

The cutest little jingle ornaments.....



Merry Christmas, friends! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment