My family

My family

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Coming for you!

I'm headed south next week and I'm so stinking excited!!!!  😎

It's time for the annual MS Walk.



Every year, we all gather together to celebrate another year of Charlene winning the battle against Multiple Sclerosis.  Yep, she's still kicking it's behind and looking damn good while doing it!





This walk is one of my all-time favorite things to do.  I'll take any chance to get back to Texas for a quick visit but this is definitely the cherry on top.



This year it will be extra special because the MS Walk is on Mom's birthday in Heaven.  I can't wait to release balloons again - just like every year since she was called home - with the entire family.  💝



As soon as Jim booked my flight, I called this cutie to make a plan.



Face-Timing with Bea always starts like this.........



and ends like this........


Once we start laughing, neither one of us can stop.  Bill usually ends up telling us to "pipe down" and Lauren is rolling her eyes.  😊

The conversation always includes bodily sounds that should probably be kept private - ha! - and raunchy jokes.  The raunchier the better.  Too much information???



I was STILL laughing on my way into work this morning when "Summer Nights" came on.  Immediately, I was right back to Belinda's wedding reception in New Orleans.  The DJ played that song and Charlene and I automatically broke into acting out the song and dance.  I don't remember who was Danny and who was Sandy but there we were putting on the show of our lives.  We had everyone in stitches and were completely exhausted (and more than a little tipsy) by the end of the performance song. 😀


This year will be extra special because we get to celebrate Garrett & Maci's engagement!  

Woot woot!  My man-child FINALLY made if official! 
 

I even got a shiny new suitcase for my trip!!  LOL.....can you tell I'm excited???

Charlene and I both got luggage when we graduated high school in 1987.  Holy cow....... that sounds like a lifetime ago!  Anyway, I have been using the same luggage since them.  The roller wheels stuck and it was starting to fray at the seams.  It was time to upgrade!  Can't wait to break this sucker in.  


And of course, I have the days leading up to the trip completely scheduled in my planner.  Even down to the number of socks to pack.  😛

Yes, I'm a ultra-detailed-type-A kinda gal.  No surprise there!  


Look out, cutie, I'm coming for you!!








No comments:

Post a Comment