My family

My family

Friday, March 3, 2017

Forever......finally!

It's official, friends!  

Garrett and Maci are engaged!!!! 💚

I've been sitting on this news for a few weeks and I've been about to burst the entire time!  

Check this out......


That is my baby boy popping the question!! 


You have to listen really closely, but here's what he said:

Maci, you're the most important person in my world.  
I want to spend the rest of my life with you.  
Will you marry me?

I've watched that video no less than 6859 times since the big day!! 😍


OK......here's how it went down......

Maci graduated with her nursing degree in December 2016.  Kevin and Brandi took Maci and Garrett on a cruise to Cozumel for her graduation present.  


Evidently the cruise ship allows you to BYOB!! 😉





The night they left Galveston, Brandi arranged a meet-and-greet with other passengers to set the stage.  When Garrett and Maci entered the room, the guest parted to show the most beautiful display of flower petals in a heart shape.  


Look how cute these kids are!!! 


I've got to send my heart-felt thanks to Brandi for setting this entire thing up.  My children are so lucky to have her as a bonus mom!  Since I can't be there, she always includes me on the big events.  She and Kevin arranged to have an international data plan so Brandi could update us in real-time.  She didn't have to do that but I am so grateful she did!


Right after the big event, Brandi called me to let me know.  It was 1:00am Minnesota time and I sat there and wept tears of joy.  Our baby boy is all grown up, folks.  

This is what I woke up to the next morning......


Picture after picture of every single detail.  



The photo below is my absolute favorite! 



While the kids were celebrating, Brandi slipped away to decorate their room.  


She even arranged for us and Maci's parents (Cindi and Trey) to have congratulations cards ready for them to read.  



Sealing the deal with a kiss.  😊


Time to celebrate!!  


Exploring the island.....


Welcome to the family, Maci!  We are so happy that Garrett finally made it official.  

You are the best thing that ever happened to him.

We love you both so very much!! 💜


Congratulations!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment