My family

My family

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Southern Girl Up North - update

Hi friends! 😉

It's been awhile since I've posted an update on my Etsy shop.  

There has been a TON of activity over there and I'm excited to share it with you!! 


Since opening my Etsy shop - Southern Girl Up North - life has been a bit of a roller coaster.  I'm so emotionally attached to this cause, it has been hard on my heart at times.


Remember......I started the Etsy shop as a way to help Bea's daily fight against Multiple Sclerosis.  All proceeds are donated to my warrior sister as she kicks this disease to the curb.  

Opening this online shop has been a HUGE learning curve for me.


My very first sign (above) is still my all-time favorite but I've ventured out a bit since then.  


One of my most popular additions is hymn boards.  

I got the idea from one of my favorite Etsy shops - Imperfect Dust - and tweaked the designs a bit to fit my personality.



Goodness gracious......I love making these beauties!  I miss these sweet old hymns that I grew up singing in church.  

In addition to the hymn boards, I've been fortunate enough to design a few custom orders.  



One for a dear friend whose niece is going through chemotherapy.  



One for a family who recently lost a loved one.  


I created this collection of inspirational signs for my first craft show (that was a total bust!).  Check out the details here.



Even though the craft show didn't generate a lot of business, I'm so glad I had that experience. 


My first foray into retail started at Mama's Happy.  Check out that post here.  Once again, that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but I refused to give up!

I knew in my heart that God gave me this gift so I could do some good with it.  


My signs are currently in Art2Heart and doing pretty well.  I have loved every single second of working with the volunteers at Art2Heart.  They have such a heart for missions and I am constantly inspired by their creativity.


I think I am right where God wants me.  It's true that everything happens for a reason and I know God is working through me to make a difference.  At least I hope so!  

I remain my own worst critic but I'm working on that! 😊

Art2Heart has a wonderful HeartReach program that is made up of prayer warriors.  They accept prayer requests and reach out to the people in their prayers.  A lot of the time, they will send little goodies to them (prayer stones, inspirational bookmarks, etc.) so the people have something tangible that reminds them they are being prayed over.  


 I have been looking for a way to donate goods to their HeartReach and finally came up with these decorated prayer journals.  They were so fun to design!!  


One thing I love so much about Art2Heart is that they allow their vendors quite a bit of artistic freedom.  After dropping off the prayer journals, I decided to make larger ones to go on the shop floor.  We'll see how popular they are.  


In the meantime, I'm constantly updating my shop listings.  

Most nights, you can find me under a blanket......
on my favorite spot of the couch....... with a big mug of hot chocolate...... doodling designs or practicing my hand-lettering.  


I've got a few more ideas up my sleeve to try in the coming months.  Stay tuned for updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment