My family

My family

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Business 101

2015 New Year Resolution #1:  Create an Etsy store.......done!

Now I had to figure out what the heck I was going to do with all these signs.  Let me tell you, I had a TON of signs.  Like almost 100!  Maybe I got a little carried away.  :)

I went out on a limb and signed up for a craft fair at our local community center.  OK, let me tell you.....this was not an easy decision.  I was scared to death!!  It sounds silly, right?  Not to me!Anyway, I put on my big girl panties and got to work. 

Jim and I went downtown to shop for the "walls" of the booth.  This was no easy task!  We ended up with metal gridwalls to display the signs and tons of baskets to hold the inventory.  Getting everything displayed properly was like putting together a huge jigsaw puzzle. 


 
 
In addition to the wooden signs, I decided to put my new Silhouette to good use and personalize some picture frames.  I'm a little ashamed to say that I already had every single one of these empty picture frames.  I may have hoarder tendencies with picture frames.  I can't get enough of them.  It's a little embarrassing.  :)

 
Check out the cute examples on display.........
 

 
 
 
After slaving away for a few weeks, the day of the craft show finally arrived.  I'm not kidding about slaving away.....this was a TON of work!  I enlisted the hubs again to help with the set-up.  The poor guy always gets roped into my projects. 
 



Overall, it was a fairly slow day at the craft show.  I learned so much though!  :)  There may be another local craft show in my near future (the inventory takes up most of my craft room).  We'll see.

Until then, I'm busy filling custom orders and shipping the signs to places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc.  I'm so glad I started this!  It's been such a learning process......not to mention therapeutic.  Take last night for example.......I was so sad about Mom.......so I trucked my bootie downstairs to the basement and started painting.  An hour or so later, I was wiped out but not so sad.  :)

There is definitely something to be said about facing your fears.  Not everyone will love what you create but that's not the point.  You create for you.....not for others.  Do what you love with a happy heart and everything else will work out the way it's supposed to.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment