My family

My family

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Reasons to smile

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry,
show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
- Authur Unknown
 
Today celebrates my mother's second birthday in Heaven.  Not a day goes by that I don't miss her sweet face and her smart mouth!! :) 
 
My friend, Ana, read that quote to me today and it was perfect!!  It's hard not to be sad today but we are all trying to focus on the many reasons we have to smile. 
 
 
Just like last year, we are sending balloons up for her to celebrate with Jesus.  Yellow......her favorite color.  Each one will have a special message for her. 
 
About a month ago, I got a text from Preston about a dream he had.....
 
 
He dreamed that he had a conversation with his Mimi and was so happy when it was over.  He said that during the conversation she asked him to tell me that "everything was going to be fine".  I had no doubt that Mom had visited Preston in his sleep.  I truly believe that only those with pure hearts get to speak with angels.  Preston DEFINITELY has a pure heart.  I love that kid man more than I could ever put into words.  There was so many things going on when Preston told me about the dream......Jim's travel schedule was picking up, I was starting the Etsy store, etc.  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  In fact, I think about Preston's text every single day. 

 
Enjoy your celebration today, Mom! :)  Dance a little jig for us!!
 
 

2 comments: