My family

My family

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Trolleys, boobs and barbed wire

On Saturday in New Orleans, we only had one mission.......hit the French Market! 

The market was about eight blocks from our hotel and that was just long enough for us to get into trouble.  We decided to catch the trolley to the market.  Let me tell you this, honey......those trolley lines could not have been more confusing.  Charlene and I are pretty smart and it took us FOREVER to figure out which one took us from Canal Street to the French Market. 

 
Since we were waiting on the next trolley to arrive, I asked Charlene to pose for a few pictures.  I got this one......

 
and then this one......
 
 
before that trolley came damn close to hitting her!!  OK, I will admit that I'm laughing as I type this (you should have seen how fast she jumped out of the way!) but it was NOT FUNNY at the time.  Needless to say, Bea wouldn't pose for anymore picture on the trolley tracks. 
 
So I had to make due with taking pictures INSIDE the trolley.....
 
 
Bless her heart.....she had no idea that trolley was just a frog's hair away from her bootie! :)
 
She didn't trust the trolley for the ride home (I'm still laughing!) so we decided to walk.  So, of course, we ended up at Mr. Ed's - yes, again!  This time, I was all about the shrimp creole. 
 

 
Maybe it was the near-death experience of the trolley.....who knows.......but we got pretty slap-happy at dinner.  Truth be told, I was taking a picture of Charlene's new fleur-de-lis necklace and she decided to remind me that she got a much bigger "blessing" than I did in the boob department. 

 
Life is not fair.  Trust me.....the struggle is real. 
 
 
It's hard to believe this is the same Mississippi River that starts in Minnesota. 

 
We took the long way back to the hotel and I was busy snapping pictures the entire way.  The one below is the oldest bar in New Orleans (it still runs without electricity).  It's named after the famous pirate Jean Lafitte and it's supposed to be haunted. 

 
 Speaking of hauntings......evidently that's a selling point in New Orleans.  Who knew?!

 
They might not be able to keep the ghosts out but the Cajun equivalent to barbed wire (below) will work just fine for the human variety. 

 
These posts are everywhere in the French Quarter.  They were originally installed to hold horse's reins.  Cool, right?  They have all been restored and the aged metal is gorgeous!

 
 
 
While walking down Royal Street, we came across this window that looked straight into one of the Brennan's restaurant kitchens.  It was so cool watching them do their thing!
 
 
 
This was taken outside the police station in New Orleans.  Vieux Carre is French for "old square".  It's what the first French settlers called the French Quarter. 

 
One more quick pass through Jackson Square and this is what we came across.....


 
After making a quick pit stop at the fais deaux deaux, we finally got back to the hotel about 10pm.  Once we were settled into our jammies, we turned on the tunes and started scrapbooking. 

That right there, my friends, is my idea of Heaven!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I love New Orleans. The food is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I love New Orleans. The food is the best

    ReplyDelete