My family

My family

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Birthday drama



Monday was my 43rd birthday.  I woke up and found dozens of post-it notes stuck everywhere in the house wishing my a happy birthday.  There were notes in the shower, refrigerator, in my car, on the back door.....you name it.  It was so sweet!



When I got home from work, Jim & the kids had a birthday cake and presents ready to tear into.  I've been wanting a camera like Tracey's for so long and guess what I got for my birthday?!  I can't wait to use it. 


While my birthday ended up being terrific, it definitely didn't start that way.  I got to work bright and early and parked in my normal spot.  As I rounded the back end of my car to get my things together, my right heel got caught in the hem of my left pants leg and DOWN GOES FRAZIER! 



I tried to break my fall but ended up face down on the asphalt.  Before long, I had a goose egg forming on my cheek, skinned knees and I couldn't move my left arm.  After several xrays, the doctor told me I had broken my elbow again.  Really?!  ON MY BIRTHDAY?????

While the doctor was putting my arm back into the splint, she asked if I had ever been treated for osteoporosis.  I said, "No, and if you tell me I have osteoporosis on my 43rd birthday, I'm gonna smack you!"  She didn't think that was too funny......go figure.

Today was my first day back to work and I was greeted with a homemade "handicapped" placard for my car, a birthday card singing "I fell into a burning ring of fire" and lots of chocolate.  My boss is hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment