My family

My family

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Brrrrr


Holy cow.....it is so cold here!  This is honestly the first time I have ever seen a temperature in the teens on Weather Channel.  When I saw this, I had to break out the "hot hands" for the kids' trip to the bus stop.  They made it safe and sound.....no worse for wear. 

They were both bundled up in their North Face parkas (something Texans know nothing about!) and gloves.  Delanie still won't wear a hat but give it time.  The first time her ears feel like they're falling off, she's not going to care what her hair looks like!

Garrett came up with a great plan on getting to the bus stop quicker (thus, getting to sleep longer).  He uses roller blades to go back and forth instead of walking.  Brilliant! :)  When he gets to the bus stop, he swaps out the roller blades for his sneakers and hides the skates behind a tree.  After school, he does the switch again and makes it home in record time.  Gotta love that kid.....he's always thinking!


Thank goodness for a garage big enough to squeeze both mine & Jim's cars in.  Check out the temperature reading from this morning.  Needless to say, it took a little longer than usual to warm up the car before work.  I wish my seats were heated like Jimbo's.  :)

Forecast shows a 70% chance of snow on Saturday.  I can't decide if I'm excited or dreadful.  I'm definitely enjoying a quick commute back and forth to work now while it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment