My family

My family

Friday, November 18, 2011

Home sweet home


We are finally settling into the house!  Most of the pictures are hung and the furniture is where I want it.  Now comes the fun part.....decorating.  I've gotten several requests for pictures so here you go.....


First is the most used room in the house (especially with two teenagers!)......the kitchen.  I wanted granite for so long in Mansfield and I finally got it!  The color is Venetian Gold and I absolutely LOVE it.  I usually lean toward darkers colors but I'm really happy with how it turned out.



Next is my favorite place in the house......the den.  This is where I spend most of my time.  The kids and Jim will always go downstairs to the basement to play video games and get onto the computer.  The den is nice and quiet....just the way I like it.  I can read a magazine, watch my HGTV/cooking shows and just chill. 



This is Delanie's piano room.  It's in the front of the house and gets tons of sunshine.  Whenever she plays, you can hear it throughout the house.  There have been tons of times when I'll come home from work to the sound of piano music.  It is truly music to my ears.




Here is the dining room.  It sits between the kitchen and den.  We've gotten into a wondeful habit of eating dinner as a family every night.  It's a good time to catch up on the day's events.  The kids usually do all the talking.  Jim and I can't get a word in! :)  Check out my lemon trees by the window.  The first one is just about ripe.  I can't wait to taste it.

The liquor cabinet is new and it's one of my favorite pieces.  It looks really good underneath the "family wall". 





Needless to say, this is our boys' favorite place in the house.....the basement!  The TV's are set up for video games - one for Jim and one for Garrett.  The whole room is decorated with Red Wings jerseys, hockey sticks, player pictures, etc.  This is definitely the warmest place in the house thanks to the fireplace. 




Here is Garrett's bedroom.  He's had the same comforter since he was eight years old.  He says it's too soft to replace it.  The paper mache' fox is a gift from Maci as are the stuffed animals. 




Here is Delanie's bedroom.  She loves the desk under her window.  It looks out onto the pond in the back yard.....great place for her to write stories and daydream. 




Finally the master bedroom. 

The thing I love most about his house is that each floor is dedicated to something specific.  The top floor is all about sleeping with the bedrooms and bathrooms.  The ground floor is where we gather as a family.  That's where the kitchen & den are.  The basement is filled with fun.  There's the gaming center, all the hockey paraphenalia and our scrapbook room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment